-REP for attempted scam (used keys) and reputation tainting
He left me an unjustified -REP due to being salty for failing to scam me: https://i.imgur.com/qctadQj.png
Here are the steps of how it went down:
1) He provided list of games he was selling via SteamTrades post. I replied back with an offer for the games (both in TF2 and PayPal). However, this was not confirmed as I did not know what format he was providing the games in.
2) He added me on steam and I accepted his friend request.
3) We greeted and he immediately pasted his steam keys and without further discussion.
4) I was caught off guard and needed to first confirm whether he could provide the games via gift option (due to his low amount of reps). He said no.
5) To protect myself, I offered to do PayPal G&S for buyer protection in case the steam keys are invalid/fraudulent. He refused and insisted on only accepting TF2 keys which I refused.
6) He then offered to accept DMarket Gift Cards which is extremely shady as the options he's offering are all not backed/insured and are typically what scammers want.
7) I promised to not use the keys and we ended the discussion there. No trade ever happened.
8) Shortly after, I received this negative rep accusing me of using his keys. Since he pasted the keys immediately when we started our Steam chat, he used this to his advantage to taint my reputation and falsely accuse me as a scammer. How super sly..
Based on his accusation, he mentioned that I refused his offer to trade with TF2 keys and DMarket gift cards. No one is obligated to accept an offer in any way. Everyone can accept games and payment methods in however format they please. In the end, I simply refused your offers and no trade was completed. This does not constitute a negative rep.
Here is a similar highly reputable trader (vdmr) that he scammed unfortunately. You can see that the steam keys are exactly the same as the ones he pasted to me. He also left a negative rep to him.
Link to vdmr's SteamTrades profile: https://www.steamtrades.com/user/76561199115013192
vdmr's steam conversation with scammer (showing the same used keys): https://prnt.sc/1rf81fq
My steam conversation with scammer (showing the same used keys): https://i.imgur.com/mZN7Kaf.png
Proof of invalid key: https://i.imgur.com/Fjs2l7h.png
My SteamTrades conversation with scammer: https://i.imgur.com/kQXe892.png
I sincerely hope that the community votes against this person as based on evidence alone, you can tell this scammer simply wants to milk as much out of his victims while attempting to taint the reputation of popular traders here. I speak for not only myself but for others who want to protect their reputation from malicious individuals like this one. Please bring justice. Thank you!
The scammer mentioned that that he is working with VDMR to resolve the issue, but he is clearly lying based on my conversation with VDMR directly: https://i.imgur.com/qCOkgz3.png
Also, VDMR's negative rep proves it all and clearly states that the scammer resolved nothing: https://i.imgur.com/ZOEpVU4.png
my keys are same and i told to not use them MTF
you make no sence
of course i can't change my keys i have only those games
you stole them and the images are the prove
i'm working with VDMR in his problem that you caused
add to that
selling Humble Bundle products are it is not legal according to their Terms of Service
Sold used keys and when i send the offer he sold the keys for bot, and told me to wait a few days that he would send the offer
He edited the -rep saying with solve but dont evolve nothing