This is a work in progress. If you have any recommendations or suggestions, please add them as a comment.
Note: Please try to only use the forum itself, as the "front page" updates with activity from the forum, albeit slowly. Bookmark this page, as the front page isn't exactly efficient.
Official Steam Resources:
Steam Subscriber Agreement
Steam Gifting Policy - thanks to Amplify
Steam Trading Policy - thanks to Amplify
Retail CD Keys Accepted on Steam
Site Formatting FAQ
The Official SteamTrades Group
Reporting Thread - Report wrongdoing
Moderation Announcement Thread
Handling Coal and Coupons Discussion
Policy: Bumping Threads Discussion
Hint: Using the Search Bar
- Do not attempt to trade Steam or online game accounts (EVE, RIFT, etc). Zero tolerance.
- Please submit any support requests in the Support Forum.
- Do not use Adfly or other paying, or non-paying, referral programs.
- Don't trade games you won from giveaways.
- Only post one thread regarding your offer, no duplicate threads.
- Only one account per IP address. If you have someone else at your location using SteamTrades or SteamGifts, please give the admin a heads up by submitting a ticket on the Support Forum.
- Please note you cannot trade games from your Steam library. They are permanently attached to your account and not tradeable.
- Do not misrepresent the title being traded.
- Please do not offer trades or link to your trades on SteamTrades in the description of your giveaways.
- Do not attempt to trade what we consider exploited CD-keys.
- Do not offer to trade CD-keys that require VPN activation or methods to bypass regional restrictions.
- Do not use the official SteamGifts chat room for trading. Please use the SteamTrades chat!
Keys Considered Exploited:
- Serious Sam: Double D
- Dead Island
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
- Homefront Shotgun DLC
- AI War
- Supreme Commander / Forged Alliance
- Portal 2
- DiRT 3
- Dark Messiah of Might & Magic Multiplayer
- Eets (in certain amounts)
- You may only bump your thread once every hour. Bumping more than once every hour may result in the locking or removal of your thread.
- Please do not bump your thread within 30 minutes of the last thread activity. This would also be a waste of your bump.
- Include [W] and [H] in your thread title for want and have for easier browsing.
- Absolutely no begging.
- Be considerate of all users at all times.
- Please update your subject line with (EXPIRED) when your offer is no longer valid. This will help maintain the forum for now and allow for easier browsing by users.
- Include your information, such as your SteamID, inside the description of your thread/offer. Please do not try to write this information in a comment in your thread as a free bump.
- Don't advertise your offers in other threads.